[mythtv-users] Running MythTV on CentOS

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 6 10:54:16 UTC 2014

On 06/10/14 03:49, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Changing subject to keep Gary happy. :)
>
> I'm not going to try to argue this. I'm not a dev and they get to do
> what they want to do. I, the user, just have to figure it out. I just
> want some stable software that I don't have to update all the time.
>
> Your point is well taken regarding frontends and backends. I would never
> consider trying to run different versions of Myth. Let alone different
> distros. *That* would be chaos.
>
> 27.3 *has* been compiled and packaged for CentOS 6, so I'm happy:
>
> http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/el6/

I've been running Myth under SL6 for some time and recently moved to
master, using a specfile based on Richard Shaw's from rpmfusion.

The scrpms repo appears to provide nvidia drivers with kmdls for current
el6 kernels, but tuner support via atrpms uses code from 2011 for
kernels from 2013.

My box doesn't have nvidia hardware and I get tuner support via the
kernel-lt builds from elrepo.

HTH

John P