[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Oct 5 00:38:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> But Larry, if you are not interested in compiling, maybe you ought to
> rethink your choice of CentOS for MythTV also.  I.e. apply the right
> tool to the job at hand.

I'd have to agree with this.  I just don't see something like MythTV
as the target audience for something like CentOS.

Now, if you were going to run CentOS as a host and then run something
like a MythTV appliance distro in a container underneath it, then I'd
be saying that you're more in the target audience for CentOS.  Then
again, if hosting diverse containers is your goal, then something like
CoreOS could be better still.  CentOS is a bit more about stability
and supportability than having a rich package database, especially for
things like multimedia.

--
Rich