[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Oct 3 13:20:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 09:05 -0400, Larry Kennedy wrote:

> I am no longer interested in compiling from source,

Understandable.  Completely.

> so if you can point me
> to a packaged version of myth 0.27 that runs on Centos I'll give it a shot.

I personally don't use CentOS for MythTV so I don't know what's out
there and what is not.  It would be sad if there was not an 0.27-fixes
for CentOS 7 yet.

I'm hell bent on dropping any use of Ubuntu around here.  I have one
mondo-server left to convert to CentOS still and workstations are
already Fedora.

But given the present and past state of MythTV support on the RH OSes,
I'm hard pressed to abandon Ubuntu (and Mythbuntu!!) for MythTV.  The
Mythbuntu folks are top-shelf on keeping the latest MythTV (i.e.
*-fixes) running on various versions of Ubuntu, including LTSes.

So here's a shout out to the Mythbuntu folks!

But Larry, if you are not interested in compiling, maybe you ought to
rethink your choice of CentOS for MythTV also.  I.e. apply the right
tool to the job at hand.

Cheers,
b.