[mythtv-users] Star Ratings no longer inserted

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Nov 30 16:11:21 UTC 2014

On 30/11/14 14:58, glen wrote:

(Snip)

> i did use sd for a while and had trouble because i use 4 different inputs each
> with different channels, qam, over the air, hdpvr and firewire. and only two
> sources on sd, ota and time warner.  so i wound up using xmltv utility grabber
> to get single data files and run miythfilldatabase with the 4 different files.
> each separate. probably next week in my area the qam goes away as time warner is
> encrypting everything.

If you have four inputs each of which supplies a different set of channels, then
you must define four sources - even if those sets appear to overlap.

Each source in mythtv identifies a set of channels available at an input and a
consistent tuning method to obtain any one of those channels.

I can understand only wanting to download data once and then filter before
applying to your database but I believe that using the SD mechanism will do this
for you. No need for hoops and acrobatics.

--

Mike Perkins