[mythtv-users] Comcast and Cablecard CGMS copy-once problem

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 22:46:16 UTC 2014

On 11/29/2014 05:20 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> Understood. For what it is worth, Ceton, and SiliconDust are still
> trying (at least last I knew) to get this entire issue addressed
> upstream. It should be noted that changes to specifications can take
> many months (and years) to get resolved and rolled out, even if the
> change is what you want. And, perhaps, the 1.5.3.1201 firmware fixes
> it (but again, that is absolutely completely unknown).
I am not sure how to tell the firmware version, however on my Cable Card
diagnostics screen I see this among other things:

*OS Ver:* PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201

This looks a bit like 1.5.3.1201

If that is the case, the problem is not fixed by that firmware. it is
still showing "Copy Generation Management System - Analog: "One Copy"
(0x02)"

Peter