[mythtv-users] Backend would not wake up on time.

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:35:25 UTC 2014

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:30:35 +0000
> From: Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net>
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Backend would not wake up on time.
>
> On 15/11/14 14:16, R Kannan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have the backend (0.25 on Mythbuntu 12.04) set up to hibernate and
>> wake up 2 mins before any scheduled recording to record my shows. It
>> works most of the time but once in a while like last Thursday, it fails.
>> I went through the logs and found the following snippet...
>>
>> Nov 13 21:09:30 HP-DVR mythbackend[2840]: N Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2814
>> (ShutdownServer) Running the command to set the next scheduled wakeup
>> time :-#012#011#011#011#011#011#011sudo sh -c "/usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime
>> 1415933820"
> Can you post the script /usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime here?
>
> I would think that it is a permission problem, but it wouldn't explain
> why it works most of the time. The location of the script /bin/sbin also
> suggests that root privileges might be required to run it. If not, then
> the command to set the wakeup time within the script certainly needs
> root privileges.
>
> You should run the script with "sudo /usr/sbin/SetWakeupTime" and add it
> to your sudoers file to run without password prompt.
>
> HTH
> Thomas
> -
Hi

Thanks for your help. I have a fairly complicated 'SetWakeupTime' and
'CheckState' scripts as described in my earlier post..

http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-April/362416.html

which I have been using for over 7 months. I have the right permissions
in the sudoers file. Also, since April, I have made changes to the
script so that the wakeup times are persistent between reboots by moving
some of the files out of /tmp. These scripts have been working well for
me and this is the only time they have failed in the last 50 or so
recording attempts.

Since posting this, I have looked around /var/log and every indication
is that the system never 'woke up' at the time. If this is a bug in my
script that has caused this, I sure would like to know and fix it.

Thanks