[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 remote not working after Debian 7 upgrade

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Nov 16 07:42:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 23:19:10 -0500, you wrote:

>Also, per the instructions farther down in that thread and also from some
>other Google results, I copied my /etc/lirc/lircrc file to ~/.lircrc,
>~/.lirc/mythtv, and ~/.mythtv/lircrc for the mythtv user -- I'm not sure
>which one is actually being used by MythTV, but I'll try to narrow it down
>later when I have a bit of time.

In Ubuntu, the ~/.lircrc file is the one that lirc loads for that
user.  In that file are includes for the actual files used to define
the mappings for each program (mythtv, mplayer, ...), which are stored
in the ~/.lirc directory.  But they can be anywhere you like as long
as the .lircrc file has an include for them.  Or you can put all the
mappings in the .lircrc file directly if you want to.