[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 remote not working after Debian 7 upgrade

David Parker parker.david.a at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:17:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

(I also posted this in the MythTV forums, so please forgive the
double-posting if you already saw it).

I have a MythTV box with a Hauppauge PVR-350 and I'm using the IR sensor
and remote control for that card. I recently upgraded my MythTV box from
Debian 6 to Debian 7, and upgraded from MythTV 0.24 to 0.27 (due to the
Schedules Direct server change). This broke the version of LIRC I was
running, which I had compiled against the 2.6 kernel on Debian 6 and which
would not compile against the 3.2 kernel under Debain 7. So, I installed
the lirc and lirc-x packages via apt-get, and after a fair amount of
struggling, I was able to get the remote partially working again. The arrow
keys work fine in MythTV, but the other buttons (OK, Back/Exit, Power,
Play, Pause, etc.) do not.

Using "ir-keytable" I can see that the button presses are being received
and the scancodes match those listed in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. I have
already done the following but I still haven't solved this issue:

1. Generated a new /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file using irrecord
2. Made the key names in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf match those found in
/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/hauppauge
3. Made the key names in /etc/lirc/lircrc match those found in
/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/hauppauge

I have attached my hardware.conf, lircd.conf, and lircrc files for
reference (the files end in .txt just to make them valid for uploading to
the forum). Any idea why only the arrow keys work in MythTV after the
upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm using lircd 0.9.0-pre1 from the stock Debian packages (32-bit).

Thanks!