[mythtv-users] Deep dark magic

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Nov 12 01:14:47 UTC 2014

>>> James, you should really specify your listings source.  This is
>>> definitely good advice if your listings source treats news broadcasts as
>>> they're treated in North America--as generic episodes (meaning duplicate
>>> detection doesn't work on them).  If you're really in Samoa (guessing
>>> based on e-mail address)
>>>
>>> See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching for help figuring out
>>> how MythTV determines what to consider as duplicate episodes.
>>
>> ws was takenaway from Westerm Somoa and became a TLD ?Web Site?. c?est la vie
>> I use the EIT listings that work well for me.
>>
>> My frustration is that the ?Upcoming Recordings" shows only a single recording will be made, then SURPRIZE another occurs
>> Despite extensive searching I cannot find the ?record daily? et al options anywhere.
>>
>> James
>
> If you make the channels have different setup from each other so that
> MythTV does not think they are the same channel, then you can just use
> the "This channel" filter on regular recording rules to tell it which
> one to record.  To make the channels different, I believe you need to
> change the callsign field.  So you could use the real callsign for the
> channel you want to record from, and then add say "a" at the end of
> the callsign for the first alternate version of the channel, "b" for
> the second and so on.  The downside of doing that is that, depending
> on how good your EPG is, you may not be able to get MythTV to
> automatically record from an alternate channel if it misses recording
> from the main channel for any reason.

Although the Subject was somewhat tongue-in-cheek it turns out to be not nearly so …

I (some months ago) dropped the DB and started from scratch

(now)
I re-scanned for all chanels
managed the conflicts
cancelled the errant schedules
re-entered them exactly the same as they were

Behold both problems resolved (0 byte recordings, double recordings)

Long-ago recordings are seekable on uPnP both my android upnp app and samsung TV
Current recordings are NOT and despite playing with ffmpeg they remain un-seekable
BUT
build seek table with avidemux and the work as they ought.

Can I possibly be the only user trying to seek uPnP streams, surely not, if so how do others seek?

James