[mythtv-users] PVR-150/300/500 HVR-1600 commflag workaround

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun Nov 9 05:13:42 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> On 11/7/2014 10:36 AM, Carl Hunter wrote:
> > On 11/3/2014 11:27 PM, faginbagin wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for testing the patch. I'm glad it, and the workaround, seem to
> have helped you.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Helen
> >
> > I finally looked into the typecast change and realized it was only
> re-compiling libmythtv-0.27.so.  I copied that and the new mythcommflag
> over to my live system and everything is working great.  My SD recordings
> now flag commercials with the typecast patch and mythcommflag does a much
> better job of marking commercials with your patches for SD content.  I
> would never get percentage lines from the following log snippet on SD
> content but now I do.
> >
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:367 (go) Finding Logo
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 0% Completed @ 97.3141
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 10% Completed @ 96.4692
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 20% Completed @ 96.7543
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 30% Completed @ 97.1697
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 40% Completed @ 97.2806
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 50% Completed @ 97.4146
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 60% Completed @ 97.5226
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 70% Completed @ 97.556
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 80% Completed @ 97.6085
> fps.
> > I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 90% Completed @ 97.6055
> fps.
> > E Decoder avformatdecoder.cpp:4941 (GetFrame) decoding
> error#012#011#011#011eno: Unknown errror 541478725 (541478725)
> > N CoreContext main.cpp:948 (FlagCommercials) Finished, 3 break(s) found.
> >
> > Now we just need to get your patches pushed to myth-0.27-fixes.  Any
> idea how to move this along?  Is there anything else I can do to test?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Carl
>
> I wonder if it is appropriate to add comments to tickets saying "I applied
> this patch, and it works for me". Maybe if enough people do it, the devs
> will take the hint? I know they don't like "Me, too" comments on tickets
> with no patches, but maybe "Works for me" on tickets with patches would be
> received positively?
>
> Regards,
> Helen

Hmm.. Seems like they might consider it just noise. By the way, I
discovered today that I had my comm flag settings as "Blank Frame + Scene
change" so I don't know how much your patch affected those. I changed it to
"All" (and enabled experimental speedup, not sure if your patch is related
to that either). I'll give it some more time to work and see how it works.

Karl