[mythtv-users] PVR-150/300/500 HVR-1600 commflag workaround

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sun Nov 9 05:03:09 UTC 2014

On 11/7/2014 10:36 AM, Carl Hunter wrote:
> On 11/3/2014 11:27 PM, faginbagin wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for testing the patch. I'm glad it, and the workaround, seem to have helped you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Helen
>
> I finally looked into the typecast change and realized it was only re-compiling libmythtv-0.27.so.  I copied that and the new mythcommflag over to my live system and everything is working great.  My SD recordings now flag commercials with the typecast patch and mythcommflag does a much better job of marking commercials with your patches for SD content.  I would never get percentage lines from the following log snippet on SD content but now I do.
>
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:367 (go) Finding Logo
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 0% Completed @ 97.3141 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 10% Completed @ 96.4692 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 20% Completed @ 96.7543 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 30% Completed @ 97.1697 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 40% Completed @ 97.2806 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 50% Completed @ 97.4146 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 60% Completed @ 97.5226 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 70% Completed @ 97.556 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 80% Completed @ 97.6085 fps.
> I CoreContext ClassicCommDetector.cpp:545 (go) 90% Completed @ 97.6055 fps.
> E Decoder avformatdecoder.cpp:4941 (GetFrame) decoding error#012#011#011#011eno: Unknown errror 541478725 (541478725)
> N CoreContext main.cpp:948 (FlagCommercials) Finished, 3 break(s) found.
>
> Now we just need to get your patches pushed to myth-0.27-fixes.  Any idea how to move this along?  Is there anything else I can do to test?
>
> Thanks
>
> Carl

I wonder if it is appropriate to add comments to tickets saying "I applied this patch, and it works for me". Maybe if enough people do it, the devs will take the hint? I know they don't like "Me, too" comments on tickets with no patches, but maybe "Works for me" on tickets with patches would be received positively?

Regards,
Helen