[mythtv-users] Bookmarks on multiple frontends

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sun Nov 9 04:54:46 UTC 2014

On 11/7/2014 4:45 PM, stinga wrote:

>> You will need to check the 'bookmark on exit' setting on each frontend. Otherwise the second will just clear it and not put one back on exit.
>>
> Thanks, I will check that. But shouldn't it start from where the other FE left off even if the 2nd FE does not update the bookmark? I would have thought that would have caused an issue when going back to another FE. IE, start watching on FE1, exit (save book mark), play on FE2 from where FE1 left off, if the bookmark is not saved start from beginning on any other FE.
>
> So table recorded holds all recorded shows and table recordedmarkup holds the position of the bookmark (type 2), I will have a look next time I have the 2nd FE running and see if the bookmark is being set, I can see it set from the combo FE/BE (well I can't tell its the c.FE/BE but I assume it is since that works).
>
> It's not that much on an issue if it does not work, not that hard to remember the time and skip forward.

There are more options than just "Action on playback exit" that affect bookmarks. On the previous page, Page 1 of Setup -> Video -> Playback, there are these two:
Clear bookmark on playback
Alternate clear and save bookmark
I have both of those options unchecked and have "Action on Playback exit" set to "Save position and exit" on ALL of my frontends. Works just the way I want it, I I stop playback on one frontend and resume on another, it picks up where I stopped. If I fall asleep during playback, the last bookmark I set is still there.

HTH,
Helen