[mythtv-users] Channel sort/delete

Johan Van der Kolk johan.vanderkolk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 13:35:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

probably need a smart SQL query, and detailed understanding of mythconverg, a combination I do not have…so some advise requested.

Situation:
Receiving from satellite, channel scan generates about 2700 channels across three satellites and numerous muxes.
- I’m interested in viewing content from certain providers, such as BSkyB, SkyDE or similar. Each provider use several muxes and transponders across the three satellites to provide their content.
- I’m subscribed to the providers (not the ones in the example) and each subscription allows me to see a subset of their channels.
- I’m not interested in loads of free channels that only air advertisements, and/or that I do not understand (spanish, italian, french, etc)
- Many “duplicate” channels such as NGC, have the same name, but are destined for another country, but are on a different transponder/satellite, and have a different audio track.

What is a smart way to select only channels from certain providers and delete/disable the rest.(even if in multiple steps)
I have been looking at the tables, but nothing seems to identify the provider or my rights to view uniquely.
Rights to view are exchanged via a smart card and the receiver, based on a CA id, but that information, which I think would be useful for my purpose is not visible in the database.

Is there a smart way, other than browsing through 2500 channels to select the ones I want?

btw, I have a similar problem with the icon downloader….multiple channels with same name, I have to select one of 4 icons, but I don’t know which exact channel the icon will be assigned to…
Any smart solutions here?

best regards

Johan