[mythtv-users] Blu-ray

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Nov 7 17:54:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>     I use the AnyDVD option.

I do, too.  Running the Windows VM is a bit of a pain, but it works.
AnyDVD works as advertised.

> Once I decrypt the disk, I use other tools to turn the decrypted BluRay into
> something that MythTV can easily use.

I usually just have AnyDVD write directly into /var/lib/mythvideo via
Samba.  MythTV seems to support reading the output of this pretty well
without conversion, although it would be nice to have the ability to
label the various tracks similar to labeling songs on a CD.

For discs I don't plan to be rewatched, I use a standalone hardware
player rather than using MythTV.

Eric