[mythtv-users] Blu-ray

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Nov 7 17:44:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:39:22PM +0100, Andréas Kühne wrote:

> > I have recently added an optical disk player, capable of playing Blu-ray
> > disks, to my MythTV HTPC. What is the current best practice to play Blu-ray
> > media? Much of the information I can dredge up in forums is several years
> > old. Any good, up-to-date, tutorials on this topic? Thanks.

[deletia]

> Hi Jim,
>
> I got it working by following the instructions for using MakeMKV from here:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Definition_Disk_Formats

    I use the AnyDVD option. I have a VM running on my desktop that runs AnyDVD.
Once I decrypt the disk, I use other tools to turn the decrypted BluRay into
something that MythTV can easily use.

    If the disk isn't using seamless branching, I prefer just to keep the main
title as a raw stream with no further processing done on it.

    My working space on that desktop machine is visible to all of my Myth machines
and is regularly scanned for new content so that any new items are usable by MythTV
without further intervention.

    ...which reminds me. Can the current media scanner be restricted to a single
directory? It's very handy to only scan that part of the collection where you
expect to add something new.