[mythtv-users] Letter from Hauppauge president regarding cable card

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:21:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> Not sure if you were aware this is in the works:
> http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/28/7086201/internet-tv-rule-change-proposed-fcc

Yes, I am, and I agree with the chairman, but proposed
rule making and rules are different things (and so is the
resulting legal challenges that the losers always make).
And, not surprisingly, there is a lot of politicking going on
(and will go on).

I have also filed public comments with the FCC on a
previous attempt (which, ultimately, failed), and will
file on this one as it moves through the (glacial speed)
process.  I would encourage others to make their
opinions known too.

As the Aereo case showed (which, as I have asserted,
was correctly decided based on an act of Congress, but,
I also asserted, was against the best interests of "the
people"), when Congress makes laws supporting any
particular company or technology, they are usually
more wrong than right.  I do not want to see them
embed any particular "must" or "must not" technology
into the laws.