[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Nov 1 00:11:27 UTC 2014

On 10/31/2014 9:14 AM, John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc) wrote:
> The problem is a need to keep the networks isolated which means more
> hardware to accommodate a dedicated network.

I still don't understand this specific scenario.  What's the difference
between MythTV sitting on two different networks and listening on both,
versus MythTV sitting on one network, and having a routing process
shovel packets from a second network at it?  If MythTV has access to
both networks, those networks cannot be considered isolated.