[mythtv-users] moving from 026 to 027 on gentoo on a new system

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:14:12 UTC 2014

Hoi All,

I have a migration planned for my backend server for coming sunday at
which time I also want to move from 026 to 027. Except for myth it is
all either strait forward to me or can be done in the coming week at
leisure. I looked at the wiki and didn't see an item for this move and
am wondering if there are special things I have to look out for.
I have the new machine basically installed and are now coming to
setting up the clean mysql, the webserver etc, which shouldn't give any
problem. I also have already for testing upgraded one frontend I
rarely use.
As I understand, it is mainly a matter of restoring the database to the
new backend and starting the backend to upgrade the db-schedule. The
rest should be the same as setting up a brand new system. Or is there
more?

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens