[mythtv-users] MinnowBoard MAX

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 17 12:53:13 UTC 2014

On 17 May 2014 20:01, David Edwards <david at more.fool.me.uk> wrote:
> 1. Deinterlacing is poor. This is only a problem if you watch
> interlaced content.

I'm aware about what XBMC does, copy the VAAPI frame back into memory
and do the deinterlacing in software... Not complicated, but needs to
be done.
Personally, I would prefer to implement the new VAAPI advanced
deinterlacer and wait for intel to fix it (though it doesn't look
promising on haswell).
If no-one implements the VAAPI new deinterlacer because it's currently
buggy, what intensive is there for Intel to actually fix it, plus
no-one would know if it's still buggy

> 2. Non-integer refresh rates are not supported. This is only an issue
> if your TV supports them and you notice that sort of thing.

What did XBMC do to support those, if Intel drivers don't support
it... I'm curious

FWIW, Myth only supports XRANDR 1.2, which only provides an API for
integer refresh-rate.
At the time, I implemented the NV-Control extension provided by the
nvidia drivers to extract the exact refresh rates; but that was
because that was the only thing that existed.
XRANDR 1.4 does support it.

I guess, I could add some code and use the new API if it's available
(if there's a way to easily query it that is)