[mythtv-users] MinnowBoard MAX

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Sat May 17 10:01:41 UTC 2014

On 17 May 2014 00:26, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Afaik, all issues with vaapi have been resolved.

I think this is technically correct, if by issues you mean bugs - ie,
defects in the VAAPI support that MythTV provides.

However, I think that it could be misinterpreted given that the
question is about Intel graphics, not just VAAPI.

There are still inadequacies when using Intel graphics, but whether
they are "issues", "bugs" or "feature requests" is another matter.
Specifically:

1. Deinterlacing is poor. This is only a problem if you watch
interlaced content.
2. Non-integer refresh rates are not supported. This is only an issue
if your TV supports them and you notice that sort of thing.

Can these points be resolved in MythTV? Yes - XMBC developers have
implemented solutions for both these problems.

This isn't a dig - they're just points I wish I had realised before I
bought my Intel hardware!

David