[mythtv-users] UPNP Media Server No Longer Working

Steve Boyer steveboyer85 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:21:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 13/05/14 09:08, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>>> FWIW my UPNP server (Fedora 19, 0.27-fixes from early March) is still
>>> 'working' as normal - ie still not perfectly matched to my TV.  That's
>>> libupnp-1.6.19-1.fc19.x86_64
>>>
>>> John P
>

> ... but I have just built and installed Myth v0.27-229-g9f353cc from a git
> tarball downloaded today.  That's on my SL6 i686 laptop, and I now have what
> may be the OP's upnp problems with my TV;  it sees the server but puts up
> 'Connection to the server failed' on trying to select anything.  It was
> working with the old build, also (ie like the F19 box) from March.

Going through the fixes/0.27 branch history w/ git, I DO see a change
published on 2014-05-04 (authored 2014-01-31) - e50af7d which changed
the mythtv/libs/libmythupnp/upnpcds.cpp. It says it fixed bug #12006
(https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12006). If the case is changed
one spot and not elsewhere, it COULD be the culprit to what we are
seeing.

John, any chance of reverting this commit on your local box and seeing
if this is the culprit? I do not have access to my backend machine at
this time and have no experience compiling/installing mythtv from
source.