[mythtv-users] Forum reminder and feature requests

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:18:53 UTC 2014

On 12 May 2014 16:32, stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:

> I forget to look at them and then eventually remember and then have 100's of
> posts, so I mark the lot as read, never reading them.
> Which means I never help (If could help that is).
> Email on the other hand, is easy, delete what you are not interested in,
> read what you are, reply where I can.
> 150 emails dealt with in 2 minutes. I don't even use threading.

How is that any different to receive 100s of emails that won't read
anyway, only to delete them all at once because the task to read the
outstanding one has become too big.

None of what you mentioned as an "argument" against forums are a valid
one seeing that 1- it's obvious you haven't used forums and their
subscriptions for a while (if ever); 2- it also applies to emails.
That and you receive emails in bulk, no matter the topic.

In any case, this is totally irrelevant to this thread. It's about
posting wishes and feature request on the forums. The discussion of
emails vs forums is now irrelevant and obsolete. the choice has been
made. Either you contribute there or you don't.

choice is up to you