[mythtv-users] OT: XBMC frontend use?

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon May 5 19:29:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM, David Edwards <david at more.fool.me.uk> wrote:
> For reasons I will probably post about separately at some point in the near
> future, I am currently evaluating XBMC as an alternative front end. I've not
> got the PVR client up and running yet, though.
>
> Are you talking about a MythTV-style theme for XBMC, or an XBMC-style theme
> for MythTV. And what would you be packaging, given that XBMC have an Ubuntu
> PPA already?
>
> David

I'm talking about porting the Mythbuntu theme to XBMC. Now that XBMC
13 is out, and commercial skipping should work (I think), XBMC might
fit most of my needs for a frontend (granted I do all of my scheduling
from mythweb right now).

For packaging, I'm talking about the MythTV PVR plugin. Now that XBMC
13 is released it works with MythTV 0.27 again, but it only supported
0.26 until just recently. I'd be looking at the possibility of
building and packaging that plugin so it works with the current
version of XBMC (eg. when the plugin gets support for 0.28, we'd have
a XBMC 13 plugin that would work with 0.28). Note though that may not
be possible. I haven't looked at how that all works yet, so it's
possible that the plugins can't be built for other versions of XBMC.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos