[mythtv-users] OT: XBMC frontend use?

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:38:47 UTC 2014

When I was running XBMC Gotham Beta 1, I was able to get commercial skip to
work with the later PVR-CMyth plugin (or whatever it is called).  I didn't
want to like XBMC, but it's really a great piece of software.  Lots of
plugins, DLNA, prettiness.  Now that it can do commercial skipping, it can
do nearly everything that MythFrontEnd can do, and some things it can't*.

*I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.  I know that there are many
people that are contributing patches/new features to MythFE.  Specifically,
in HD audio and framerate support.  I only have my current perception to go
from.  I can see that BluRay ISOs/rips will change the framerate on my TV
to 24 (23.9-yadda) and my receiver sees the HD audio bit streams correctly,
just as in MythFE.  However, I think that PiP is not currently working on
XBMC 12.3.  PiP is a great feature, and MythFE does that well.