[mythtv-users] Latest thoughts on small silent frontends

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:26:05 UTC 2014

I have a Raspberry PI (256MB Version) and it is in no way ready to be a “LiveTV” fronted. While they have made a lot of progress on the PI in xbmc (See this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184866 ) not much has been done to speed up the EPG Guide, and the Channel List. When I try and bring up the EPG guide it can take upwards of 10-15 seconds to display. Also De-Interlacing support does not seem to be working in the latest builds either.

I am not sure the PI will ever have enough ooompf to do an EPG with any kind of normal speed, no stutter etc.

just my 2cents!

Greg