[mythtv-users] Number of tuners

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 04:11:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do the Homeruns have 3 tuners nowadays? Is this a new thing, and does anyone
> know if they're available in Australia?

Different models have a different number of tuners.  Last I knew
the models currently available for Australia are two tuners.  There
is a new generation of tuners rolling out for the EU/AU/NZ markets
sometime in the next few months, some of which will have hardware
transcode (and some will not) targeted for easy viewing via DLNA
on mobile devices, and I think (at least) the initial versions will also
be two tuner, but there is a lack of details for the all the (as yet)
unannounced models across all regions and sources (there have
been various suggestions of devices from two to six tuners,
depending on specific target market).