[mythtv-users] Number of tuners

Per Hatlevik jakeisawake at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 03:58:46 UTC 2014

>  > I have an HDHR Prime. I have the three tuners in it configured in
> mythtv backend. When I look at the Information > System screen on the
> frontend, I see six tuners. Is that normal? If it's not, is there something
> I should do to fix it?
> >

> Do the Homeruns have 3 tuners nowadays? Is this a new thing, and does
> anyone know if they're available in Australia?

This is an HDHR Prime, not capable of OTA and mostly designed for use with
a cablecard in the US (though it does support unencrypted QAM as
well).....presents 3 tuners none of which are capable of multirec when used
with a cablecard hence the recommendation to set max tuners to 1 per the
docs.

best regards,

per hatlevik