[mythtv-users] failing hard drive - advice on recovering specific recordings - mythlink perhaps

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:46:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have a failing HDD that will mount and work for a little while.  It has
3TB of recordings on it.  I am looking for a way to target the shows that I
want to copy off of it instead of wearing it out trying to copy the whole
drive.  I thought about using mythlink and then using the formatted names
to pick out the show, but the problem is that I can't tell which shows are
on that particular drive.

Does anybody have an ideas?

I don't want to take the other drives off-line to do this.  Is there a way
to add the folder name that the files are in to the mythlink naming
convention?

Thanks Jeremy