[mythtv-users] OT - Hunting a MoBo.....

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:14:51 UTC 2014

On 21 June 2014 18:10, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK
>
> I'm looking at building a new media server that doubles as my primary
> myth server as well.
>
> Given that storage requirements are the main driving force these days
> I've decided on the DS380 8 x 3.5" Bay case
>
> http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=452

Been in a similar situation a few months ago.
I purchased an ASRock E3C224.
It's a Pro card, it doesn't have DisplayPort out but it has VGA but
you'll never need it as this cards supports IPMI / iKVM

It works with Intel 1150 socket, supports ECC RAM and has every
peripheral you could ever want: PCI 32bits, PCIe, serial, the lot.
8 SATA ports

JY