[mythtv-users] Can a command be issued to reset idle shutdown timer?

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 19:56:47 UTC 2014

On 14/06/14 13:23, nospam312 wrote:
> My machine shuts down automatically after a few minutes on inactivity
> and Mythwelcome displays a countdown.  Is it possible to reset this
> countdown with a command in mythutil/shutdown or similar?  I am using
> the latest Myth 0.26fixes.

If you want to prevent a shutdown when a certain condition is true,
you can also define a program/script to be run before an actual shutdown
is started.  The return value from that program/script indicates whether
the shutdown should continue or be aborted.

In mythtv-setup under 'General', go to the page titled 'Shutdown/Wakeup
Options'.  There's a field at the bottom called 'Pre-shutdown-check
command' where you can specify what should be run.

Search for 'checklogin.sh' on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup for
an example script that will prevent shutdown if someone is logged in.

Richard.