[mythtv-users] perl grabber issue.

Chris Nicholls chris at czar.cc
Sun Jun 15 00:49:51 UTC 2014

Good morning,
Last week (after an update) my guide data stopped working.
If I run tv_grab_au here is the output.

Attempt to reload IO/Socket.pm aborted.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/HTTP.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm
line 7.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 5209.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 5209.

I've worked through HTTP.pm and found
eval { require IO::Socket::INET } || require IO::Socket; .
  and installed anything with IO and/or Socket and/or INET
but no joy.
I'm using shepherd as the grabber.
I worked through the yum logs and reversed what I could.
Uninstalled all the perl modules I could and reinstalled .

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Chris