[mythtv-users] vdr and mythv

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Tue Jun 17 21:39:16 UTC 2014

> > On 17/06/14 07:03, Per Jessen wrote:
> >

> >> Some channels do broadcast in multiple languages - that's pretty
> >> common in Switzerland for instance.  However, removing channels I
> >> don't want is a hassle - I have some 4000 channels I think, most of
> >> which I don't want.
> >>
> > Then you tackle the problem the other way. Use a simple SQL query to
> > 'hide' all the channels and then go through and 'unhide' just the ones
> > you are interested in.
>
> I've got our channels grouped into English, German and Swiss, perhaps the
> scheduler shouldn't even look at ungroup channels?
>
> I know there are a few work-arounds for this issue, but Richard Hulme asked
> what shortcomings mythtv might have, and the inability to specify one or
> more desired languages when recording is a shortcoming, IMHO.
> As Angela Schmid writes, the feature is available in vdr.

Sorry Per, there is no feature in vdr, I replied on your complaint that selecting the wanted channels (from 4000) is a tedious job.
I used this solution myself to select only the wanted channels for vdr, especially as vdr has no DB (where you have a grid to easily edit).

After you have a good channels.conf, you could take it as input to enable your favorite channels in mythtv.

It would be a great feature, as vdr has implemented (it updates the channels.conf), if mythtv would add the seen languages during recording.
Also adding the CAID for crypted channels could be a help for analyses.

Angela