[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Jun 1 12:18:52 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Jean-Yves,
>
> Sunday, June 1, 2014, 4:31:55 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On 1 June 2014 12:02, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> With vaapi still won't merge. I logged it on bugs.gentoo. Remergeing
>>> again with only vdpau leaves liveTV working. Obviously the
>>> intermittent merge without vdpau fixed something?
>
>> Makes you wonder what patches gentoo applies to mythtv source code.
>> IMHO, there should be none or extremely limited to purely installation
>> modification.
>
>> If the gentoo team believe they have patches that are worth applying,
>> then they should submit them in our trac system.
> If I look in the portage tree there is only a libdir patch. The vaapi
> problem is probably a missing dependency. I get an error of a missing
> file ../libmythui/mythrender_opengl.h

I'll take a look at the bug - probably a missing dependency - with USE
flag combinations it is always tricky to catch them all.

Gentoo doesn't patch MythTV beyond things like directories/etc (and we
try to stick to FHS), and applying the fixes branch (which I try to
update monthly).

FYI - 0.27.1 is now in the main tree, so anybody using the overlay can
drop it.

Rich