[mythtv-users] Announcement: merge of devel/027candidates

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun Jun 1 05:27:35 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Jean-Yves,
>
> Sunday, June 1, 2014, 4:31:55 AM, you wrote:
>
> > On 1 June 2014 12:02, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> With vaapi still won't merge. I logged it on bugs.gentoo. Remergeing
> >> again with only vdpau leaves liveTV working. Obviously the
> >> intermittent merge without vdpau fixed something?
>
> > Makes you wonder what patches gentoo applies to mythtv source code.
> > IMHO, there should be none or extremely limited to purely installation
> > modification.
>
> > If the gentoo team believe they have patches that are worth applying,
> > then they should submit them in our trac system.
> If I look in the portage tree there is only a libdir patch. The vaapi
> problem is probably a missing dependency. I get an error of a missing
> file ../libmythui/mythrender_opengl.h

Hika, I did a test compile (using `ebuild mythtv-0.27.1_p20140527.ebuild
compile`) with the following USE flags: USE="alsa autostart bluray dvd fftw
hls lcd lirc perl python raop theora vaapi vorbis xml xvid (-altivec) -cec
-crystalhd -debug -dvb -egl -ieee1394 -jack -libass -pulseaudio -vdpau
-xmltv" INPUT_DEVICES="-joystick" and I also have VIDEO_CARDS="intel i915
i965" set in my make.conf
No errors on the compile. As far as vaapi-related stuff, I have the
following packages installed:
x11-libs/libva-1.1.0 (amd64 keyworded)
x11-libs/libva-intel-driver-1.0.19 (amd64 keyworded)
x11-apps/intel-gpu-tools-1.3 (not sure if related)
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.21.15
media-libs/mesa-10.0.4 (for opengl)

Not sure if that covers everything, but maybe it will be helpful.

Karl