[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu or other distro?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:49:29 UTC 2014

On 7/26/14, 2:47 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> My one complaint with mythbuntu is the inability to easily stop popup
> messages overtaking the mythfrontend.  The update manager has a habit of
> popping up despite all the settings telling it not to.   I eventually
> bludgeoned it into submission, but it was much harder than it should
> have been.

I use mythbuntu in the same way, as an appliance.  And I also ran into
the same issue with pop-ups.   It sounds like you've got things figured
out there, but for the benefit of others, the route I took was to just
switch to the Fluxbox window manager:
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-May/363759.html

-WD