[mythtv-users] Anyone using SSD for long term storage?

James Bailey paradoxbound at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:19:24 UTC 2014

I don't trash any particular brand of HD, different batches have different
failure rates. I think if you are running WD green  on a Windows box you
should have no problem, I have a 6 Hitachi 320GB disks with a 50% failure
rate within 2 years. Returned under warranty they sent back a different
model and those have been rock solid. I am a ZFS on Linux user and a lot of
the really smart people there are advising to stay clear of WD greens, reds
or black are a different matter. and WD are rated highly there.

All I am stating is there are know issues with WD green drives and Linux
and linking to a article stating why.

Jim