[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct TBA Listings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 18 20:13:33 UTC 2014

On 07/18/2014 04:00 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 17/07/14 12:53 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>
>> While it has been some time since I looked, and the
>> beta was an interesting proof of concept, it had a fatal
>> flaw (putting my DBA hat on) where it overloaded the
>> mythconverg database for an application that should
>> have been independent of MythTV itself.
>
> I am interested in understanding why you think the JSON grabber
> 'overloads' the mythconverg database.
>
> Both mythfilldatabase and the new mfdb-json grabber are stand-alone
> applications, which insert data into the mythconverg database.
>
> Are you suggesting that mfdb and mfdb-json ought to have their *own*
> database, or what?"
>
> Just curious.
>
> Geoff
>
> PS. I am testing the mfdb-json beta and it works extremely well, The
> speedup, from using a delta load process is amazing.
>
> And there is more data available about each program too.

I think he's talking about the fact that it adds tables that are only
useful to the Schedules Direct JSON grabber, and are not a standard part
of the MythTV schema and not applicable to the rest of the world's
users.  From this standpoint, it's basically like our plugins, which
also clutter up the schema.  That said, if I ever make time to work on
the embedded DB, all that will get cleaned up.  :)

Mike