[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct TBA Listings

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jul 18 20:00:08 UTC 2014

On 17/07/14 12:53 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> While it has been some time since I looked, and the
> beta was an interesting proof of concept, it had a fatal
> flaw (putting my DBA hat on) where it overloaded the
> mythconverg database for an application that should
> have been independent of MythTV itself.

I am interested in understanding why you think the JSON grabber
'overloads' the mythconverg database.

Both mythfilldatabase and the new mfdb-json grabber are stand-alone
applications, which insert data into the mythconverg database.

Are you suggesting that mfdb and mfdb-json ought to have their *own*
database, or what?"

Just curious.

Geoff

PS. I am testing the mfdb-json beta and it works extremely well, The
speedup, from using a delta load process is amazing.

And there is more data available about each program too.

G.