[mythtv-users] Mythnetvision iplayer plugin

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 30 00:04:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 22:25:54 -0000, Martin Moores
<moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> UK users,
>
> Just wondering if anyone uses the iPlayer mythnetvision plugin?
>
> If you do, how the heck do you click play on the videos? Couldn't see
> anything on the wiki page.
>
> I have a mouse and keyboard connected to this machine, but even then I
> can't see any mouse pointer to click anything.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Martin
I'm assuming you can see a mouse pointer to start with. (uncheck
Frontend/setup/appearance/'hide mouse cursor')

If the mouse is in the same area as the video (flash?) it does seem to get
hidden/lose focus. For fun you can position it dead centre (where the Play
arrow appears) and it does usually seem to survive. However the most
reliable method is to position the mouse at the bottom of the screen
before selecting your content using the keyboard. It should then remain
visible/useable.

It's easier to use something like http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer to
download programmes to the video library and watch it in full Myth glory.
Do remember to delete it afterwards...