[mythtv-users] Color Buttons at Bottom of StreamZap Remote Do Not Work in MythTV

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 01:04:16 UTC 2014

I have recently set up my first MythTV system and things are working pretty
well, aside from this one last problem... All buttons on the Streamzap PC
remote I use works perfectly except the four colored buttons at the
bottom.

The ~/.mythtv/lircrc file has sections for those keys. To keep things
simple, here is the one for the blue key:

begin
    remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
    prog = mythtc
    button = KEY_BLUE
    config = I
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

However, when I am watching a recorded program, this key is totally ignored
even though all the other keys work OK. The I key is bound to 'info' and
hitting that key on the attached keyboard works fine.

I am fairly new to lirc, but when I run the 'irw' command in the terminal,
I can see them reported as KEY_BLUE, KEY_RED, etc. just like I'd expect.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

System Info: combined backend/frontend running Mythbuntu 12.4.3 and MythTV
0.27 (upgraded from 0.25, but the problem I report here existed in both
versions).