[mythtv-users] Jamu Job Throwing An Error

MH Acct mh_acct2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 00:29:18 UTC 2014

I'm using mythtv 0.26.1 and I'm getting some log errors mailed to me saying "cannot create /var/log/mythtv/jamu.log: Permission denied".  Searching for Jamu I find this page in the MythTV wiki http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu saying that it's been superceeded, so I take it I can get rid of the hourly mythtv-frontend cron job:-
#!/bin/sh
#Hourly massive update to ensure users see graphics coming in for upcoming recordings and current recordings
DIRECTORY=$(getent passwd mythtv | cut -d':' -f6)
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ] && [ -x /usr/bin/mythbackend ]; then
    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MW >> '/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log' 2>&1"
fi

Thanks MH