[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jan 28 14:10:47 UTC 2014

On 01/28/14 06:51, Andre Ross wrote:
> I asked a question about a legal way to watch my content and I hate to say
> the answer seams to be no.

Except for this...

On 01/26/14 09:08, Andre Ross wrote:
> Software for backend
> sabnzbd      (this is a app to help auto download internet content)
> sickbeard    (this app will auto find tv shows and pass it to the
> sabnzbd app for processing)
> NzbDrone    (optional and harder to set up but takes the place of
sickbeard)

> Also you need 2 internet service paid services are best
> nzb search service (these are becoming harder to find but worth it)
> News Server (a good one I like ones in eu)
>
> nice to have a paid vpn service

You seem to be looking for a way to watch your content right now, legal
or not.

There is always a way to access the content you want. You may simply
have some delay depending on your available services. Amazon Prime could
be done in MythTV, with a little work to get it to handle HTTP
authentication. Netflix can be done directly on many Televisions, Bluray
players, or the Roku you said you had. You could wait for it to show up
on cable, or satellite, or broadcast television. You could buy the DVD
or Bluray (or rent it) when it comes out.

On 01/28/14 06:51, Andre Ross wrote:
> So even if there is or was a way to record content on your own devices
talking about it or letting anyone know could
> start a shit storm and anyone around could get splattered.
> (for the record I don't know and I know no one on this form knows how
or knows anyone that knows how to circumvent DRM)

It's simple. You record analog.