[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

CACook at Quantum-Sci.com CACook at Quantum-Sci.com
Mon Jan 27 20:23:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:18:44 -0500
"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> We try to be fair and consistent in our rules for the list and our
> requests to abide by the rules for the list.
>
> We may well miss messages where people discuss things that aren't
> allowed according to the list rules and/or may not have time to
> respond (and deal with the flood of cries that inevitably result when
> we ask people to discuss topics elsewhere).  So sometimes we may not
> say something--and in some cases it may be just a random mention
> without any elaboration that doesn't result in any discussion such
> that a reply would only bring more attention to the topic, so we may
> choose not to reply.  I only replied when I saw within this thread 2
> mentions of software and one of hardware that we don't want discussed
> here.
>
> If we're really causing you that much concern over your rights or you
> truly believe we're limiting your discussion unfairly, please feel
> free to start your own forum/mailing list/Usenet group/... and
> discuss whatever you like.  You may have a right to freedom of
> speech, but for some topics you're going to have to provide your own
> soap box on which to make that speech.  :)
>
> Mike

So, you're saying that the R5000 is not relevant to this thread?

Or that you don't like the R5000 and therefore it is not to be discussed?

Or both?