[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jan 25 00:16:05 UTC 2014

On Jan 24, 2014, at 6:47 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if this change is really necessary, this time with the three
> cards in the box they have always loaded in the same sequence, and the
> box is on and off by itself frequently

I had a motherboard where tuners were enumerated the same way for over a year until one day things decided to change for no apparent reason. I updated myth setup and that lasted a while until the ordering changed yet again and then I learned udev. I imagine this will eventually happen to you too and as things go it will be on the day of the big game or when your wife is looking forward to the greatest episode of tv ever scripted etc.

Anyway you might want to keep poking away at this as a background activity.

- George