[mythtv-users] 0.27 configure script does not recognize OpenGL

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Jan 23 21:39:59 UTC 2014

HI!

On 23.01.2014 21:03, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> The file it complains about belongs to cyrus-sasl 2.1.26, installed July
>> 2013 and also no newer version available for Gentoo.
>
> Current version of cyrus-sasl is 2.1.25, so this is what you get when
> you play with bleeding edge?

> No, the proper fix is to fix your libsasl2.pc file.

As I wrote, there are other files with the same problem
(/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgdiplus.pc).

> Then, install a functional version of pkg-config that doesn't crash on
> slightly broken .pc files. :)

Yep, pkg-config needs to be fixed to be able to live with broken .pc
files. But until then, pkg-config seems not to be reliable enough to
depend on.

I can now work around the problem on my system, but as you already
mentioned: This could hurt MythTV on more systems.

IMHO, it would probably be good to be able to force MythTV, for example
with a enable-opengl parameter for configure, if auto config via
pkg-config fails.

BTW, having configure options that then can be set by the Gentoo build
system which depends on USE flags, is how Gentoo normally works. But I
guess, you know that. ;-)

Regards,
Thomas