[mythtv-users] Antenna advise

david brooke david2012brooke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:27:55 UTC 2014

n Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM, david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If I understand you correctly, I would need to buy a HDHR prime or
> similar
> > which holds three cable cards.
>
> The OCUR devices hold 1 CableCard (M-Cards, which support decoding
> up to six streams at once)..  The currently shipping HDHR Prime can
> decode up to 3 streams (channels) at once (future models will have
> different limits and capabilities).  Ceton has 4 and 6 stream models
> available
> today.
>
> Gary

Sorry guys...I'm still confused on the tuner issue. Let me do an example
which should help me out.
For the example I am using a Dvico or pcHDTV5000 atsc tuner and attempting
to record several tv recordings at the same time:
1. If I have six channels and two channels are on each
transponder...meaning I have three transponders.
I would only need three tuners (Dvico or pcHDTV5000) to record tv
recordings on all 6 channels.
2. If I have six channels each on their own transponder, I would only need
six tuners (Dvico or pcHDTV5000) to record tv recordings on all 6 channels.

Now if I replace the tuners ie Dvico or pcHDTV5000 with a HDHR prime or
similar please give me the results using the two examples.
Thanks