[mythtv-users] Stuffed change of hostname

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 16:49:46 UTC 2014

On 20/01/14 16:00, Mark Perkins wrote:

>> On 20 Jan 2014, at 11:55 pm, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I need to know exactly what approach you tried before I can suggest how
>> best to clean up the problems.
> I believe that (in summary) I executed this: mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e
> "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = 'new_hostname' WHERE hostname =
> 'old_hostname';"
>
> Instead of this: mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname
> --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY"
>
> I haven't identified any other problems or symptoms at this stage (other than
> mentioned) - that's not saying that they are not there - just that things
> seem to be working essentially fine at this stage (noting the bit of
> tinkering I have now done already).

The problem is that 'recorded' isn't the only table which has a 'hostname'
field, they are dotted all over. To fix your problem you would have to change
every instance in your database.

Assuming you only have one backend, and you just changed the hostname to
something else, that ought to be sufficient. With multiple back ends, all of
which can 'own' recordings, that's when it gets interesting.

--

Mike Perkins