[mythtv-users] Stuffed change of hostname

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:00:52 UTC 2014

> On 20 Jan 2014, at 11:55 pm, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
> I need to know exactly what approach you tried before I can suggest how best to clean up the problems.
I believe that (in summary) I executed this:
mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "UPDATE recorded SET hostname = 'new_hostname' WHERE hostname = 'old_hostname';"

Instead of this:
mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY"

I haven't identified any other problems or symptoms at this stage (other than mentioned) - that's not saying that they are not there - just that things seem to be working essentially fine at this stage (noting the bit of tinkering I have now done already).