[mythtv-users] "Whitescreen" on start in 0.27

velberrocks velberrocks at gmx.net
Sat Jan 18 08:04:48 UTC 2014

> Am 18.01.2014 um 01:46 schrieb Martin Compton <martinc at itrans.com>:

>>> Running MythBuntu latest Myth 0.27.
>>>
>>> Changing Painter from "Qt" to "Auto" alleviated the white screen annoyance,
>>> and cleaned up a few minor issues with sub-title and description display w/
>>> Mythbuntu 27 theme.

>> What minor issues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
> When using "Qt", scrolling up/down the "Watch Recordings" show list, sometimes:
> The description is displayed but appears to use the previous description's window size (window does not resize) and truncates the visible text (width and height)
> The entire artwork and description area does not update (stays stuck on previous entry)
> Using the right arrow on the highlighted item does get the artwork/description windows updated correctly in both cases
> .
> Interestingly after switching to "Auto", some "Setup" menu sub-items (e.g. "General", "Appearance") do not display when selected, but do appear responsive to key input (i.e. I can press "Escape" and the previous menu that stayed displayed becomes active).
> NOTE: this only happens after I've watched a video.

After changing from QT to Auto there are no "whitescreens" any more. The smooth GL fading text effects are a bit irritating, but it's a "working workround" ;-)
Thanks!!!!!

When using QT I also had strange effects when scrolling up and down in the recording rules list. The content on the left and the right part of the screen seem not to match to the same recording rule. I did not try out the "Auto" setting yet.

velberrocks