[mythtv-users] "Whitescreen" on start in 0.27

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Sat Jan 18 00:46:04 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:14 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

>> Running MythBuntu latest Myth 0.27.
>>
>> Changing Painter from "Qt" to "Auto" alleviated the white screen annoyance,
>> and cleaned up a few minor issues with sub-title and description display w/
>> Mythbuntu 27 theme.

> What minor issues?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos
When using "Qt", scrolling up/down the "Watch Recordings" show list,
sometimes:

  * The description is displayed but appears to use the previous
    description's window size (window does not resize) and truncates the
    visible text (width and height)
  * The entire artwork and description area does not update (stays stuck
    on previous entry)

Using the right arrow on the highlighted item does get the
artwork/description windows updated correctly in both cases
.

Interestingly after switching to "Auto", some "Setup" menu sub-items
(e.g. "General", "Appearance") do not display when selected, but do
appear responsive to key input (i.e. I can press "Escape" and the
previous menu that stayed displayed becomes active).
NOTE: this only happens after I've watched a video.